Pretty much everyone loves Disney. So, why not look at some interesting facts about the much-loved company? Here are a few facts, listed below. Some, you may already know, but some may come as a complete surprise.
1. “Mortimer Mouse” was the original name of “Mickey Mouse”. Walt Disney’s wife, Lillian, managed to convince him to change it.
2. The first animated film that starred Mickey Mouse appeared in 1928 at the Colony Theatre in New York.
3. Walt Disney World Resort in Florida covers nearly 40 square miles. That’s roughly the size of San Fransisco, or two Manhattan Islands.
4. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs – the first Disney movie – took 3 years to complete and became highest grossing sound film of its time.
5. Every year, Walt Disney World’s “Lost and Found” collects more than 6,000 phones, 3,500 cameras and 18,000 hats. Wow!
6. Until the year 2000, Disney theme park workers were forbidden from growing facial hair. *cries*.
7. The production of Tangled was more expensive than Avatar’s production.
8. When Princess and the Frog was released back in 2009, 50 children in the U.S. were hospitalized with salmonella from kissing frogs. Ew!
9. Doritos were originally born from tortilla leftovers at Disneyland.
10. Pluto was named after the planet – not the other way around!
11. Disney makes twice as much money from their theme parks than what they make from their actual movies.
12. The sorcerer in Fantasia is called “Yen Sid”. Try saying it backwards; it might sound familiar.
I hope you all found these facts interesting and hopefully learnt something new!
(I do not own any of these images, they belong to Disney)